Friday, 12 December 2014

Part 6 - What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

At times, I did find the technology difficult to work with. Due to the fact my model’s hair is a close shade to the background, it was hard to photo shop her onto a white background without making it look like a very fake photo, so I decided to leave this. 

With my photography, I used a Nikon 3100 and with my editing I have used websites such as picmonkey.co.uk, fotor.co.uk and Adobe InDesign to actually produce my magazine. Adobe Photoshop was a little tricky to get to grips with because of the hair situation, but I was able to produce an edit to use in my evaluation to show that I actually used this in the process. 

I used Picmonkey.co.uk to edit the photos of my model to bring out the colours and edit makeup onto her. I have a lot of experience with photography and editing, so I was happy with how these photographs turned out. I used lots of different filters and made sure they were faded slightly, to make sure that they didn't overpower the photo. 

With Adobe Photoshop, I cut around the models body using the Magic Wand Tool and the Quick Selection Tool. I did this to try and place my model on a white background for the magazine cover, however the hair became a problem so I decided to leave the background the same. I then created the masthead and was able to place this behind the cut out of my model by places different layers on top. I had no experience with Photoshop before this project, but I am now a little more confident with using the software.


I had no experience with Adobe InDesign before this project, but now I am very confident with using it again. I used this program to put together all the elements of my pages because it is a very good piece of equipment and produces very high quality content. I was able to add text, colour and lots of other conventions to make my magazine look realistic, and all this was relatively easy. 

Before both tasks, I had never had experience with Blogger, or any other blogging website. At first I found this difficult to use, but now I have a lot of confidence with this website and use it easily. I used Blogger to post my work in different steps - it also shows my time management skills.  This site has also given me the confidence to use the well-known website Tumblr, which is where you create your own blog and interact with other people around the world by reblogging photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment