Thursday, 11 December 2014

Part 4 - Who would be the audience for your media product?


Who would be the audience for your media product?

At first, I decided that I would have liked my target audience to be both male and female, ages of early/mid 20’s and to have a rather high ABC1 profile percentage. This, however, has changed throughout the process of production, as I realised that some of the aspects I would like to have included were not able to happen, and a few alterations were made to the house style of the magazine. 

My target audience now, are females aged from around 15 to the late teens/early 20’s who have an average ABC1 profile percentage (around 60
%). One reason for this could be because of the colours I used. I was planning on green and orange as some of the main colours, however this did not look right within production because my model’s clothing did not match these colours. Instead, I used pink as the main colour (including black and white). The name of my magazine was inspiration from a Justin Bieber song and due to the fact that Justin has a huge female fan base, I believe a lot of boys would turn against this magazine, so this is another reason why Beauty&Beat is now targeted at females. I also realised the way that my model is standing and her facial expression, could also lead to the cover being more attracted to girls rather than boys, as Daisy Reilly looks rather sweet, whereas boys tend to look for a more sexual expression within a female’s posture. This picture of Mila Kunis would appeal more to the male population due to her posture, facial expression and also the fact she is very attractive and a little older.


When researching, I created four readership profiles that I hoped would link to the target audience of my magazine. 
http://sophiestone46.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/readership-profile-max.html
http://sophiestone46.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/readership-profile-laura.html
http://sophiestone46.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/readership-profile-alex.html
http://sophiestone46.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/readership-profile-megan.html

No comments:

Post a Comment